Sunday, July 31, 2016

"Priceless" Printables~Bible Lesson Schedule for K & First Grade



As I promised in yesterday's blog post, I have created a My Bible Lesson schedule for 4-7 year olds. Ideal for Kindergarten and First Graders.

My Bible Lesson Schedule for K & First Grade

I suggest staying on one Bible Lesson for at least 2 weeks, but up to a month would be fine. I reference all the JW.org age appropriate songs, activities and lessons that correlate with the Bible Lesson.

And yes, I do know that the My Bible Lessons were intended for children under 3 years old. My idea is to, read the scripture verse, and do the correlating song for the lesson every day that you review the lesson. Then use the activities and additional lessons on JW.org to round it out and beef it up for 4 to 7 year olds. That age where they aren't quite ready for the Bible Reading Schedule, but still a bit too old for the My Bible Lessons alone. And of course, I still suggest at this age that you read at least one My Book of Bible Stories Story, or 1 chapter in the Great Teacher book each day to your child. This is in addition to those lessons not to replace them. That is why you will not see either of them referenced in this schedule.

How I would use it for homeschooling, is as follows-


Daily Text-History/Current Events.

Children's Song from JW.org-Music.

Secular Short Story-Language Arts, Culture, Social Studies.

Calendar Time-Math/Science

Math-

My Book of Bible Stories Story or Great Teacher-Bible, History, Geography, Social Studies

Secular Story-Language Arts, but of course could be history, social studies, and many other things.

Science-(a couple of times a week) Story, or experiment, or nature observation.

Fruitage of the Spirit Poster or My Bible Lesson Schedule-read scripture, and sing song. I would go back and forth with these alternate every other day.

Done with K for the day!

No comments: